About the Pewee Valley Fire District
The Pewee Valley Fire Protection District has been protecting the City of Pewee Valley and surrounding areas since 1929, providing fire, rescue, and first responder emergency medical services to the citizens of Pewee Valley ever since. Our Primary Service area includes pewee valley, Persimmon Ridge and mutual Aid to South Oldham Fire and Anchorage-Middletown Fire & EMS.
In 1929, The Pewee Valley Fire Protection District began safeguarding the life and property of its citizens and neighbors by extinguishing fire whenever reported. Four firefighters founded the department in a 25′ x 30′ building adjacent to City Hall in the heart of Pewee Valley. After experiencing growing
pains from increased census, two additional bays were added in 1974 to accommodate the new needs the district demanded. And, as a result of the dedication of its many members and the increasingly strong need for emergency
service personnel, in 2000 the Pewee Valley Fire Protection District relocated to our new facility located at 8607 Foley Avenue behind Vaughn Petitt Legal Group off of Highway 146. In 2014 The Pewee Valley Fire District opened Station #2 at 2677 Ash Ave to better serve our Shelby County area.
The duties of firefighters today have dramatically changed since the first volunteer reported to the station back in 1929. In fact, firefighters aide the public from much more than just avoiding fire, they also perform tasks such as extricating a patient from an automobile accident, mitigating a hazardous material spill, picking up the pieces from a train derailment, saving an individual from flash flooding, uncovering a patient in trench rescue, assisting emergency medical services and much, much more. Luckily, given the proper equipment acquired through the department’s history and the modern facility in which we currently reside, we’re able to facilitate almost any rescue situation with skill and precision.